Popular Posts

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Misconception on Female Weight Training

 I want to talk about a HUGE misconception that most women have (including myself at one time) about weight training and fat burning. I had a client tell me last week that she didnt want to use the 10lb weights I handed her because she didnt want to get "Big". I started laughing, probably not the best idea, but I asked "Do you think I look Big?" I ended up talking more than training for most of... the session because I wanted her to be informed. I too had this idea at one point that if I lifted weights above 5lbs I was going to blow up, and that I must stay on that Elliptical Machine till I pass out! Then I did my research and got educated on the subject. Muscle burns fat. Cardio burns calories, but not neccessarily fat.

Therefore, Weight Training is Crucial for the sculpting of your body and burning fat. Weight Training not only burns more calories during your workout, it burns for hours afterwards as well! Muscles main source of energy is fat, it lives on it. So naturally when you create muscle, you are also getting rid of fat! It's amazing and saves hours of annoying cardio workouts lol. Lastly, as women it is almost impossible to get "Big" from weight training unless we tamper with our Testosterone Levels. (this is what we think of when we see those female bodybuilders that are taking prohormones!) A womens body only produces a certain amount of testosterone, which is the muscle building hormone, and we DO NOT have enough naturally to get anywhere near "Big". So Do Not BE Afraid!!! Pick up those weights and become a Fat Eating Machine :)
 The Honest Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment